Umrah is a pilgrimage that Muslims can make to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, once in their lifetime if they have the means. Umrah is one of the lesser pilgrimage rites and is usually undertaken to visit the Grand Mosque and perform other obligatory duties. There are several reasons why Muslims perform Umrah. Some believe that it is an act of mercy to travel to Mecca and offer umrah pilgrims a chance at repentance. Umrah pilgrimage visa can be acquired through Umrah Travel Agents in your city/country.
Prior to the 2019 global coronavirus outbreak, millions of Muslims travelled to Mecca to perform various religious rituals and devotions at Kaaba. Umrah was made limited due to the covid-19 pandemic, and now the rules of Umrah have been changed slightly. Let’s discuss them.
Rituals: What are the rituals involved in an Umrah pilgrimage?
Rituals play an important role during the Umrah pilgrimage. Here are six of the most common rituals involved:
- Tawaf – Muslims perform the tawaf or circumambulation of the Kaba, one of the five pillars of Islam, during Umrah.
- Sa’ee – pilgrims perform sa’ee, a cleansing ritual before entering Mecca, by making three circuits around the Kaaba.
- Hajj – The Hajj is one of the Five Pillars of Islam and is compulsory for every Muslim who is physically and financially able to do so. It consists of five steps: Azaan (priestly call to Allah), Qadha (purification), Umrah ( Pilgrimage ), Maghrib ( Sunset ) and Isha (night prayer).
What are the benefits of performing Umrah?
1. Health Benefits:
A visit to Makkah is one of the most important and venerated religious pilgrimages in Islam. There are many benefits to an Umrah pilgrimage, including spiritual rejuvenation and physical healing. Here are the health benefits of performing the Umrah pilgrimage:
- improved mental well-being
- relief from stress and anxiety
- better sleep quality
- reduced inflammation
- increased circulation and metabolism
2. Spiritual Benefits:
While making the pilgrimage, Muslims are not only visiting one of the holiest sites in Islam; they are also receiving spiritual benefits. Such as:
1) A sense of humility and respect for Allah. Umrah pilgrims learn that Allah is always in control, even during their journey. This decreased sense of self-importance can lead to a more humble demeanour and improved relationships with others.
2) A deeper understanding of Islamic teachings. Umrah pilgrims better understand Islamic principles through studying the Quran and Hadith during their stay in Mecca. This knowledge can help them live more ethically and peacefully both at home and while engaged in everyday life.
3) Increased piety towards Allah.
3. The Journey:
What is an overview of the journey involved in an Umrah pilgrimage?
The Hajj is the most important religious pilgrimage in Islam. It is one of the five pillars of Islam and must be performe at least once in/her life by every Muslim who can afford it. The Hajj is also one of the Five Pillars of Faith. The Hajj consists of two parts: the “Umrah”, which means “lesser pilgrimage”, and the “Hajjz”, or “Greater Pilgrimage”.
In an Umrah pilgrimage, Muslims travel to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, to perform a series of rituals, including walking around the Kaaba (the black cubical building in Mecca that is central to Islamic worship), performing additional prayers inside the mosque, and giving alms (charity) to the needy.
What are the New Rules Impose for the Umrah in 2022?
1. Entry permit
The Saudi Ministry of Interior recently announced a rule where all expatriates who plan to enter Mecca must get an entry permit. That means that only citizens with a visa or tourist pass who have the necessary Makkah entry permit will be able to perform Umrah.
2. Age limit 2022
There is no age limit for anyone to perform prayer at the Two Holy Mosques. (Umrah Travel Agents) To organize pilgrims according to the capacity of the pilgrims, the Ministry has restricted the minimum age for issuing permits for prayer-related tours of the Kaaba to children aged 5 to 7 years old.
3. Female pilgrims can perform Umrah without a male guardian:
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah allowed Muslim women 18 to 65 to perform Umrah without a male guardian or mahram, so long as they were a part of a group.
4. Test requirements:
Tourists who are visiting Saudi Arabia with a visa no longer need a positive result of the Rapid Antigen test or PCR to enter. Likewise, individuals who visit visa holders must have health insurance to cover any elevation-related medical costs during their time in Saudi Arabia. Umrah Travel Agents will guide you about other things
5. Covid vaccination:
Effective by March 23, 2022, and 2022, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has raised all restrictions related to covid-19. Pilgrims visiting the country no longer need to present confirmation regarding previous vaccinations upon their arrival. Consequently, those pilgrims can visit at any time as well.